Thursday, February 21, 2013

Being There


I vividly remember the ‘Park Scene’ in Good Will Hunting movie.

This Noëlla Morantin 'Chez Charles' Sauvignon 2009 (as in Blanc) has an uncompromising taste.  I can only tell this, not because I have drunk many bottles of the wine, but because I have spent time in the cellar and walked the vineyards with Noëlla Morantin.  I have smelled the cellar and touched the vines that she farms. Her wines are inseparable from the vigneronne.   

Every now and then, not too often, even through tasting and drinking, I simply cannot translate the emotional impact of a particular wine.  The tasting notes become so distant from the experience of being there.  It is as though you are trying to describe the fragrance of your lover the very first time you pressed your nose against her flesh.

Of all the vignerons and vigneronnes that I represent, Noëlla Morantin 'Chez Charles' Sauvignon 2009 is one of those ‘Park Scene’ bottles for me.


No comments: